Sunday, February 12, 2012

Zoya Nail Polish

Zoya, an online beauty supply store specializing in nail care products recently launched a new collection of colors. To kick-off the launch, they offered up your choice of two of their current polish colors...for free! Obviously I was all over that. And even more obviously, I opted for two shades of purple. "Zara," a light shade of purple with gold flecks and "Areetha," a metallic shade of purple. It seems as though Zoya assigns each color a female name. One color happened to be called "Tia," however it was a shade of pink. Clearly my love for purple over powered my desire to have a bottle of nail polish that shares my name.

For the record, I generally only wear color polish on my toenails, preferring clear polish on my fingernails. However, because it is winter, my toes are generally covered with closed toe shoes. So once my Zoya polishes arrived, I decided to step out of the box for once and paint my toenails and fingernails with my new polish.

The colors are beautiful. I chose to apply two coats to fully cover my nails. I have had the polishes for a couple of weeks now and each time I paint my nails the color seems to last about a week to a week and a half before they start chipping, which is pretty average. The website is easy to navigate, and they do a great job of describing the polish in terms of color, finish, intensity and so on. And from my perspective, the colors on the website pretty much match what color the actual polish is. Or at least it seems pretty close (although this may somewhat depend on how good your computer monitor is).

They cost $8 a bottle regular price plus shipping depending on how many bottles you buy. I happily recommend the polish if you're willing to spend $8 a bottle. There is a HUGE collection of color options to choose from. If there is a color that knocks my socks off and I can't manage to find a similar shade at the drugstore, I myself might be willing to purchase it at $8 plus shipping. Otherwise, I'd rather save shipping costs and opt for a $4 - $5 bottle from a local store. Especially since I really only wear color polish on my toes. Clear kind of looks the same no matter what brand it is. I'm just saying.

"Areetha" & "Zara"

No comments:

Post a Comment